A couple of weeks ago, our Never Number One feature about [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]Gerry Rafferty[/lastfm]‘s “Baker Street” noted that the song spent six weeks at #2 without ever getting to #1. But that’s not the longest […]
Last week in 1988, [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]the Beatles[/lastfm] were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. They were part of the third class to be inducted into the Hall — which is probably the only […]
If the [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]Grateful Dead[/lastfm] were a tree, its offshoots would be many. One that’s occasionally overlooked is [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]New Riders of the Purple Sage[/lastfm].
Although [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]Richie Havens[/lastfm] has scored but one top-40 hit, and that was over 40 years ago, he has continued to perform and record, and he has a legion of devoted fans. After the jump, […]
Seventy-one years ago, John William Baldry was born in East London. He would grow to be six feet, seven inches tall, which would lead to the nickname by which he’s known: [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]Long John Baldry[/lastfm]. […]
Today, [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]Clarence Clemons[/lastfm] would have turned 70. In his honor we present five fun facts about the Big Man.
It’s one of the great stage names in rock — [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]Joe Strummer[/lastfm]. The man to which it was attached led a fascinating life.
At the end of the year, many radio stations run a countdown show featuring the top songs of the year. Let’s spend a few Rock Flashback posts at the end of this year looking at […]
In the summer of 1970, film director Monte Hellman saw a Los Angeles billboard with [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]James Taylor[/lastfm]‘s face on it, and he believed he’d found a star. After the jump, read about Taylor’s road […]
In the summer of 1971, George Harrison and Ravi Shankar organized the Concert for Bangla Desh to benefit refugees in the newly-independent country of Bangla Desh (formerly East Pakistan), which was ravaged by war and […]
- I had an angiogram yesterday. They shaved triangles in my pubes. I must admit that area looks kind of cute now. #LessOfAFirecrotch 10 hours ago
- I dont even own that house anymore RT @MitchRobinson27 couldn't ask for a better way to market this zillowblog.com/2013-05-23/dan… … cc:@erikalriggs 18 hours ago
- RT @1025KZOK: Missed the #DannyBonaduce show this morning? No friggin' problem. Download the #podcast and read the recaps here http://t.co… 20 hours ago
- Kansas at Emerald Queen... Flight To Mars at Showbox at... Danny At The Puyallup Spring... Booker T at Snoqualmie Casino
- REO Speedwagon at Emerald... Jeff Bridges and the Abiders... Bob Seger at the Tacoma Dome Danny And Amy Go South...
- Car Toys With Will Happy Hour At The Ale House B.B. King at Snoqualmie Casino Yes at the Moore Theatre
- Tower of Power at Jazz Alley The Sonics and Mudhoney at... John Lee Hooker Jr. at Jazz... Happy Anniversary To The...