Want to kick your workout up a notch? Try this intermediate program for some quick cardio conditioning. These multi-joint movements will help you jump, climb, and sprint your way through the obstacle course like a pro.
What to Do: Set a timer! Each round is 1 minute of work with 1 minute of rest. Complete the list of exercises 3 times through.
- Box Jumps
- Wall Ball
- Spider Push Up
- Squat Press
- Medicine Ball Slam, 20+ lbs
How to do it:
- Box Jumps: Use a metal or soft box. Collect yourself into a squat, then jump to land flat-footed on top of the box. Hop down and repeat.
- Wall Ball: Stand facing a wall, 1-2 feet away. Hold a medicine ball at your chest, as if you were going to pass it like a basketball. Lower yourself into a squat, then drive your heels into the ground to stand while also extending your arms and throwing the ball up the wall. Catch the ball, then return to the squat position.
- Spider Push Up: Begin in push up position (on toes). As you lower your body to the ground, bring one knee to your elbow keeping your leg parallel to the floor. Push back up and return your foot to the starting position. Alternate legs.
- Squat Press: Stand with two dumbbells racked at your shoulders. Lower yourself into a squat, then drive your heels into the ground to stand while also extending your arms to press the dumbbells above your head.
- Medicine Ball Slam: Use a 20-pound or heavier medicine ball. Raise the ball over your head with arms fully extended. Then, keeping your arms straight, slam the ball down to the floor. Squat down to pick up the ball and return to the start position.
The Subway Beast Mode Challenge is July 30th at Swan Creek Park in Tacoma. Train for the race at STAR Center in South Tacoma. STAR Center is a full fitness facility with free weights, cardio equipment, and an adventure playground for kids. Plus over 40 group fitness classes every week for all fitness levels. Stay in shape all year at STAR Center in South Tacoma or in North East Tacoma at The Center at Norpoint. Go to metroparkstacoma.org for fitness center details.
Inspirational Quote: “Don’t want another person’s body. Want your own body, but leaner, stronger, and healthier
Good Luck and make sure your register for the 3rd Annual Subway Beastmode Challenge to celebrate Marshawn Lynch and Fam 1st Family Foundation. www.BeastModeChallengeSeattle.com
The Football themed Obstacle course and family festival is Saturday, July 30th at Swan Creek Park in Tacoma. REGISTER NOW! Don’t wait, space is limited. And let’s face it … Now, you’ve got the training plan. So, let’s go BEASTMODE!