With colder weather comes heavier, denser beers. For my beer of the week this week I selected a stout from Mendocino Brewing Company out of California. It’s Black Hawk Stout, and I found it in bottle at World Market. They have a bazillion different beers and wines, and you can do a mix and match six pack, which is fun. The Black Hawk Stout is a traditional Irish Stout, with a thick, rich mouthfeel. It doesn’t overdo the coffee aspect, which can be present in porters and stouts. They have managed a perfect balance of coffee, chocolate, malt and carbonation. If one of those is off, a stout is a bust to me. I like my coffee for breakfast, not in my beer. This is a solid stout, and packs more of a wallop than Guinness at 5.2%. Stouts are always more impressive on tap, but this is one of the better offerings I’ve tried out of a bottle. Considering the time of year, something tells me I’ll enjoy trying out more stouts…
The Doors' Ray Manzarek Dies: Legendary Keyboardist Loses Battle With Cancer | FULL STORY
Sarah’s Beer of the Week 01.17.13
January 17, 2013 10:32 AM
- RT @KyleKiper: How special would a Celebrity Death Match between a 19 year-old Justin Bieber & a 19 year-old Danny Bonaduce be? 12 hours ago
- The backbone & real brains of the Doors has passed. U can tell he was the brains cuz he lived long enough to die of natural causes. Bye, Ray 16 hours ago
- RT @ThatKevinSmith: Wanna hear @JayMewes talking SUPER GROOVY to @TheDoochMan in SEATTLE? Tune in to @1025KZOK or LISTEN LIVE online: http:… 5 days ago
- Kansas at Emerald Queen... Flight To Mars at Showbox at... Danny At The Puyallup Spring... Booker T at Snoqualmie Casino
- REO Speedwagon at Emerald... Jeff Bridges and the Abiders... Bob Seger at the Tacoma Dome Danny And Amy Go South...
- Car Toys With Will Happy Hour At The Ale House B.B. King at Snoqualmie Casino Yes at the Moore Theatre
- Tower of Power at Jazz Alley The Sonics and Mudhoney at... John Lee Hooker Jr. at Jazz... Happy Anniversary To The...